Jun 25, 2008

well as it turns out I ain't gettin my windchimes back



Well you are never gonna believe in a million years what just happened. As you may recall I have been awaitin the return of my customer for payment on my windchimes. I had been sittin all day long, just sittin and waitin. Till I heard 'em. Faint dainty little bells a-ringin in the distance, the familiar sound of my windchimes! I thought the hooded customer was comin my way, but just as soon as the sound filled the air, about a minute or two later it faded back away.

I plum sat there in the back of my truck and scratched my head. The thought crossed my mind maybe he'd lost his way, so I decided to go on and look for him. Rather than drawin this out long I'm gonna tell ya straight what just went down. I made my way through the bramble and greenery till I came to the edge of the water, not the beach, no, but see there's an irrigation system here on this island, simple yet efficient. Narrow riverways that weave throughout.

The closer I got to the water the better I heard them tinkles and bells, so I followed the sound. Till I saw my customer. You won't believe what that pecker was doin. You just won't believe it. He had my windchimes all strung up on his boat, an he was plum hypnotizin the fish with 'em, as he slowly moved along the water the fish would just leap out of the water and right straightaway into the boat. I reckon he had at least 50 fishes in there. The wind caused most of the tinklin but when they stopped a-ringin he'd touch 'em with his stick. I am plum baffled at this, I sure am. I didn't say nothin. I must admit I was a little spooked. I watched him go on by and I decided to write them windchimes off as a loss. I may or may not have a nightmare or two 'bout that later on tonight. Creepiest sight I ever did see.